SnappyFORMS' digital downloads are delivered in Zip format. Zip format is a type of compressed file which takes up less time to download. Zip format is the most popular method to compress (Archive) and deliver files, it also allows us to "pack" various files inside various named folders and keep all files organized and easy for end-user to find and use.
Files are usually downloaded to the Downloads folder. This folder is usually located on the drive where Windows is installed (for example, C:\users\your name\downloads).
1. Located your ZIP folder. You should find it in your browser's default "downloads" folder (e.g., the Downloads folder or your desktop).
2. Double-click the ZIP folder. Doing so will open the folder.
3. Click Extract. This tab is at the top of the ZIP folder's window. A toolbar will appear below the Extract tab.
4. Click Extract all. It's in the Extract toolbar. A pop-up window will appear.
5. Click Browse…. This option is to the right of the address bar near the top of the "Extract Compressed (Zipped) Files" window.
- Skip this step and the next one if you want your files to extract into the same location as the ZIP folder. Doing so will create a new, regular folder for your files.
6. Select a destination folder. Click a folder's name (e.g., Desktop) in the left-hand pane to select it as the location in which the uncompressed files will be stored.
7. Click Select Folder. It's at the bottom of the window. Doing so returns you to the "Extract Compressed (Zipped) Files" window.
8. Click Extract. It's in the bottom-right corner of the window. Your files will extract from the ZIP folder to your selected location.
- The amount of time it takes your files to finish extracting will depend on your computer's speed and the size of the ZIP folder.
1. Locate your ZIP folder. If you downloaded it from online, it's likely in your "Downloads" folder, to which you can navigate by opening Finder and then clicking the Downloads folder on the left side of the window.
2. Move your ZIP folder if necessary. When you extract the files from your ZIP folder, they will appear in an ordinary folder in the same location as the ZIP folder currently resides. You can move your folder by clicking and dragging it into a different location (e.g., your desktop).
- For example, extracting from the ZIP folder on the desktop will place the unzipped folder on the desktop as well.
- You can also move your ZIP folder by selecting it, pressing ⌘ Command+X to "cut" it, going to the place where you want to extract your files, and pressing ⌘ Command+V to paste it there.
3. Double-click your ZIP folder. Its contents will begin extracting to the current folder.
4. Wait for your files to finish extracting. Depending on the size of the ZIP folder, this process' length will vary. When your files are done extracting, they will be in a typical, blue folder in the same folder—and with the same name—as the ZIP folder.
- You can open the new folder by double-clicking it.